Kids are fast. Especially on a crowded beach, you can lose them in an instant. This leads to anxious moments for both child and parent/guardian. You want to find children again as soon as possible. To reunite you as quickly as possible, you can get a free 06 wristband at our beach posts. Write your 06-number on this bracelet, so you can be called when the child is found.
Did you lose your child at the beach?
Do not hesitate and come to our rescue station or call us (071-3613003) or the police. Make sure that an acquaintance of the child stays at the location where he/she was last seen. It often happens that the child returns to this location.
Children who get lost and are found by our lifeguards are taken care of at the beach stations. When a child is found we raise a white flag with a question mark. This flag indicates that there is a child at the beach station whose parents/guardians we are looking for.
Some tips for a safe day at the beach!
- Always keep an eye on children, both in the water and on the beach. Stay an arm's length away from small children in the water;
- Do not use butterfly straps on children in the sea due to the influence of wind, current and wave action;
- Put an 06 wristband on the child with their name and your phone number on it;
- Make sure you have your cell phone with you, turned on and adequately charged;
- Agree on a recognizable fixed point, for when you get lost, for example a beach hut or getting lost post with recognizable picture.