Are you looking for a challenge to do volunteer work in Noordwijk? Perhaps Reddingsbrigade Noordwijk is something for you. We are always looking for volunteers from Noordwijk and surroundings for various (supporting) positions. Think of Lifeguard, Swim Instructor or volunteer in our maintenance team.
Become a Lifeguard
Do you like being by the sea, do you like exercise and do you enjoy helping people? Become a lifeguard at Reddingsbrigade Noordwijk and join us in keeping the beach safe.
As a certified (junior) lifeguard you rescue people from the sea and go on patrol driving, sailing and on foot. You will be deployed as a first responder for the 112 emergency centre or in support of other emergency services. You will help locate missing children and provide first aid.
Our lifeguards work from 3 guard posts on the beach.
You will receive a volunteer stipend for your efforts.
What do we ask?
- You become a member of Reddingsbrigade Noordwijk
- An active attitude
- Teamwork, eager to collaborate and learn
- Be able to listen well, talk easily and provide feedback
- Swimming certificate B
- Minimum commitment of 32 hours of lifeguarding during the summer season
What do we offer?
- Free training with internationally recognized diplomas
- Volunteer stipend depending on lifeguard level
- Advanced training as a Driver, Skipper or (Senior) Lifeguard
- Varied lifeguard with various duties, on the water, at the beach and on post
- Working together for a social purpose
- Valuable experience for use elsewhere (education, work, sports)
- Option interpretation Social Service Time
- A fine and committed team
- Guidance and signposting of new members, lifeguards
- A friendly association (BBQs, parties, events, sports and games)
Become a maintenance mechanic
In order to properly and safely perform our primary task on the beach, maintaining our equipment and materials is essential.
Much of the small-scale maintenance is done by our volunteers themselves as a team. Are you technically gifted and do you like to roll up your sleeves? Then come along on the Monday evening (maintenance evening) or send an email, so we can see if a job as a maintenance technician suits you.
Become a swimming instructor
Are you already a swimming instructor or do you have the ambition to teach swimming lessons within our association? Please contact our heads of swimming about the possibilities.